Using the New Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Yup, switching to Legacy and back again also fixed my issue!!! Thanks everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I am not sure what caused this change recently, but suddenly I cannot adjust the size of my Outlook email window on my Apple MacBook Pro screen. For example, I like to have Outlook and Teams open at the same time, and usually shrink them both so they are half width and I can have them side by side. Now, I can longer make the Outlook window slimmer from the left or right. It can only stay full screen width. I can make it shorter from the bottom, still. But that is not what I want. Does anyone know why this suddenly changed, or how to fix it? I have done all the things like quit the app and reload, and restart my whole computer. Thank you.
Using the New Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Yup, switching to Legacy and back again also fixed my issue!!! Thanks everyone.
I figured it out. It's the outlook toolbar that isn't allowing the resize. It won't add newly disappeared buttons to the ... Instead it just stops you from collapsing them. Remove buttons and you can make the screen smaller.
Temporary fix:
View > Display Density > [select any option]
Then repeat View > Display Density > [select another/original option]
I'm then able to adjust window size. Again, this is only a temporary fix. Next time I re-open Outlook, the issue persists.
Wayne, your solution of resetting the toolbar worked so now I can change width of Outlook for Mac. It seems that I can only shrink the width of the app to the size of the toolbar as I have customized it. The more items I remove from the toolbar, the smaller width I can make Outlook. Odd, but workable.