Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
I still have this issue with Outlook 16.98.1. Super annoying!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've had this problem off and on for months and is usually resolved by restarting my mac.
I have several email accounts on Outlook and on all of them I no longer have the ability to add attachments - no matter what kind/size
Sonoma 14.5
Outlook 16.87
I've tried everything and it always recurs
Mike
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I still have this issue with Outlook 16.98.1. Super annoying!
Yes, I can confirm that this problem still exists - and I can confirm that it's still just as frustrating as ever.
Sequoia 15.5 and Outlook 16.96
Also: This is a brand new MacBook, a brand new install of Outlook, and I don't have any complicated ad-ins or anything else involved.
This problem still persists despite this change being made. Anyone else find a solution?
I am on Sequoia 15.4.1 and Outlook 16.96
This is the fix!
Hello there, I had the same problem this morning with one of our colleagues.
Now I'm not sure if any of you are trying to add files through the same way that we were doing, but I managed to solve it in this instance.What I did was grant Outlook full access to the files on the disk. You apparently need to do that under system preferences > security and privacy > full disk access.
I added Outlook to this list, restarted Outlook and then reconnected to our server using the Command-K shortcut.After that, I was able to add attachments to any new mails I created without it giving the very non-specific "attachment couldn't be added" error message.
Hope this'll help in your reported cases as well.
Hello there, I had the same problem this morning with one of our colleagues.
Now I'm not sure if any of you are trying to add files through the same way that we were doing, but I managed to solve it in this instance.
What I did was grant Outlook full access to the files on the disk. You apparently need to do that under system preferences > security and privacy > full disk access.
I added Outlook to this list, restarted Outlook and then reconnected to our server using the Command-K shortcut.
After that, I was able to add attachments to any new mails I created without it giving the very non-specific "attachment couldn't be added" error message.
Hope this'll help in your reported cases as well.