Why is Outlook sending meeting updates to all attendees instead of only those added or deleted?

Anonymous
2024-06-12T21:09:15+00:00

Hello,

I am using Outlook client 1.2024.605.100 with M365. I understand that Microsoft has taken away the user option to send updates to all meeting participants or only those added to or deleted from the list instead of letting the organizer make the decision. The problem is that meeting updates ALWAYS go to ALL participants even though I may have added or deleted just one or two people. Server-side logic is only helpful if it actually works, and I see no evidence that this is the case.

Situation: I add or delete one or two people to a meeting MAKING NO OTHER CHANGES to the invitation. Everyone already on the list receives the invitation again.

Sending a meeting update to 40 people who have already responded just because I have added or deleted one person is NOT helpful. I can find no way to control this unwanted behavior. Please explain how to resolve this issue or how Microsoft plans to resolve it. I have submitted feedback previously, but with no apparent result.

Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:07:22+00:00

    Finally fixed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:13:21+00:00

    Hello Md Ashabul,

    I see no evidence that Microsoft has solved the problem. There is nothing in Outlook that allows me to send invitations only to added or deleted people and I updated a large group meeting last week. I have had to update this meeting a few times. There is new behavior: now two invites are sent to each person at the same time instead of just one.

    The only workaround I can find is to forward the meeting to new attendees instead of updating the meeting. Doesn't work to remove people, though. I hope they get with the program, read this feedback, and fix this thing. Oh, and I have submitted feedback to Microsoft directly. I am glad to see I am not the only one who finds this behavior incredibly annoying.

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:15:42+00:00

    Hi Nathan,

    This fix must have happened since Monday. My update then spammed the whole attendee list once again---unless I have missed something! I will check it out next time around, lol.

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:34:24+00:00

    I believe it's a slow roll out by MS... so hang in there - it will come!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T13:30:44+00:00

    Oct. 1 and I'm not seeing it here either. It's really irritating. What thought process went into making this change in the first place?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments