Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Any Mac users? I still don't see it fixed on my end. Very annoying.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I am using Outlook client 1.2024.605.100 with M365. I understand that Microsoft has taken away the user option to send updates to all meeting participants or only those added to or deleted from the list instead of letting the organizer make the decision. The problem is that meeting updates ALWAYS go to ALL participants even though I may have added or deleted just one or two people. Server-side logic is only helpful if it actually works, and I see no evidence that this is the case.
Situation: I add or delete one or two people to a meeting MAKING NO OTHER CHANGES to the invitation. Everyone already on the list receives the invitation again.
Sending a meeting update to 40 people who have already responded just because I have added or deleted one person is NOT helpful. I can find no way to control this unwanted behavior. Please explain how to resolve this issue or how Microsoft plans to resolve it. I have submitted feedback previously, but with no apparent result.
Thank you.
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Any Mac users? I still don't see it fixed on my end. Very annoying.
I am so glad this has been fixed, at least on my end. Hope yours gets fixed as well!
If it helps anyone, I add individual attendees by asking an attending colleague to forward my meeting to them. At least it avoids the spam to all others....
Sadly, no answer for removing selected attendees... :(
I don't see how deleting and recreating a meeting will solve this issue, as if I delete the meeting, everyone will receive a cancelled meeting invitation and then I still have to resend the meeting invite to everyone, just to add or remove a person or two. What am I not understanding regarding this solution?
And I concur with everyone who has asked that the old feature be reinstated, as our institution does not allow us to use the old platform anymore and my colleagues and I are constantly having to remove or add attendees and this is more than just a "nuisance," it is extremely embarrassing and a source of irritation for the AAs/EAs as well as our Presidents, VPs, all the way down the line.
we are still experiencing this issue. It is causing me so much grief.
I have sessions that we are sending invites to 800 people and everytime someone changes or someone is adding it is sending this out to all 800 people again! I am then inundated with emails from people asking why, and asking me to stop spamming them... it looks incredibly unprofessional!
We need help and a solution quickly please!