Why is Outlook sending meeting updates to all attendees instead of only those added or deleted?

Anonymous
2024-06-12T21:09:15+00:00

Hello,

I am using Outlook client 1.2024.605.100 with M365. I understand that Microsoft has taken away the user option to send updates to all meeting participants or only those added to or deleted from the list instead of letting the organizer make the decision. The problem is that meeting updates ALWAYS go to ALL participants even though I may have added or deleted just one or two people. Server-side logic is only helpful if it actually works, and I see no evidence that this is the case.

Situation: I add or delete one or two people to a meeting MAKING NO OTHER CHANGES to the invitation. Everyone already on the list receives the invitation again.

Sending a meeting update to 40 people who have already responded just because I have added or deleted one person is NOT helpful. I can find no way to control this unwanted behavior. Please explain how to resolve this issue or how Microsoft plans to resolve it. I have submitted feedback previously, but with no apparent result.

Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T07:44:40+00:00

    I'm confused how Deleting and recreating the meeting invitation instead of updating it, to avoid sending an update to all attendees would make this situation better? Aren't each of your clients going to receive a cancellation and then a new invitation? How does that not create more confusion and items in the inbox?

    The issue is that updating the calendar entry by adding another user causes an update to all attendees. (I would expect a change in time to send an update.. but for adding a user.. no, I would not expect it or want it).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:34:24+00:00

    I believe it's a slow roll out by MS... so hang in there - it will come!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:15:42+00:00

    Hi Nathan,

    This fix must have happened since Monday. My update then spammed the whole attendee list once again---unless I have missed something! I will check it out next time around, lol.

    Thanks,

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T21:07:22+00:00

    Finally fixed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-25T20:28:46+00:00

    Looks like they may have fixed this. I'm still testing to see if you 'remove' someone from a meeting now, if everyone still receives it or if just the person you removed it gone from the meeting. Just waiting for my testers to accept the meeting before I get too excited here. A lot of us have been waiting for this fix and would be nice if it works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments