Search no longer works in Outlook.

Anonymous
2024-09-25T04:52:04+00:00

Search no longer works in Outlook. When I try to type something in the search field, it 'flashes' and nothing is entered. This morning there was both an Outlook and a Windows update.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T22:46:04+00:00

    Same\Similar - > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters > Windows Update - reads it detected an issue - but without any solution

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T20:18:06+00:00

    On web seems OK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T18:31:24+00:00

    Does this issue also occur if you search from Outlook.com on the web? NO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T17:49:55+00:00

    The Outlook In App Team escalated an incident for this issue. Sharing the update so you know it's being worked on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-21T15:36:15+00:00

    Does this issue also occur if you search from Outlook.com on the web? The Outlook In App support teams for both classic Outlook and New Outlook have gotten support tickets on this. The teams are working on getting it escalated.

    So far it has only affected my email search on the Outlook App. I have another email account through Outlook and search works in the App there but that is of no help for my primary account. I'm not the OP, I'm just telling my experience. I spent hours trying numerous fixes that did not work. So now I am using Outlook online but I have seen other people mention in the past that search failed for them both online and in the app. So I'm sure hoping it doesn't start happening online too. I really depend on search. I really, really need it. It seems that since so many people are having this problem right around the same time, that it's not on our end. Thanks and best wishes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments