Search no longer works in Outlook.

Anonymous
2024-09-25T04:52:04+00:00

Search no longer works in Outlook. When I try to type something in the search field, it 'flashes' and nothing is entered. This morning there was both an Outlook and a Windows update.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T03:34:56+00:00

    For what it's worth, mine mysteriously fixed itself today. No particular action from me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T19:36:11+00:00

    So, I renamed all four of my outlook .ost files, restarted outlook and waited for the files to be rebuilt.

    Search is working again.

    Now, my question is what happened at Microsoft that corrupted the ost files for many people.

    It seems clear that my problem was not caused by anything on my end, as there were many people with similar symptoms.

    Thank you to everyone who contributed to a resolution!

    I have not done anything with search history. Rebuildong my most files, as mentioned in my post of 10/22 is what fixed mine

    It's still working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T11:52:35+00:00

    Like yourself using a desktop 365 I have the same search issues. I have a Google account and a Hotmail account and the Hotmail account screws up the search bar.

    Will use your three finger work around in the meantime, but so much of this sounds like the issues we’ve all been having with passwords on email accounts.

    Cannot get to reinstall my Hotmail account using Mali. Continuously asks for password. I’ve tried both the regular password and app specific but no joy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T11:43:02+00:00

    Yes it worked for me. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T03:53:35+00:00

    I was using shortcut keys too, then that eventually broke which led me to my 2 day hunt to find a solution. I posted a fix a couple of posts up from yours. So far it is working for other people. You would need to do these steps for each of your microsoft/hotmail accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments