Search no longer works in Outlook.

Anonymous
2024-09-25T04:52:04+00:00

Search no longer works in Outlook. When I try to type something in the search field, it 'flashes' and nothing is entered. This morning there was both an Outlook and a Windows update.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T20:18:32+00:00

    Well, I have tried all the "fixes" listed and so far nothing has worked. Since M$ is forcing me to buy another computer next October since I am on a Windows 10 machine that can't be upgraded, they have made my decision easier-just dump it all and go to a Mac. Thanks M$!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T10:39:04+00:00

    Yesterday, I cleared the "Search History," but it did not resolve the Outlook search issue. This morning, I received and installed a Microsoft 365 update. The Outlook version is now [2411 Build 16.0.18227.20002], and everything is functioning as expected. Thus, the update did the trick, although I'm uncertain if it would have been effective without the prior search history clearance. Nonetheless, the update was necessary.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T00:18:45+00:00

    I am still having this issue... no matter what I do, my search will not work. Just keeps saying "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later." My notifications also aren't working... this section says "We can't receive notifications right now. Please try again later."

    Maybe try the Outlook PWA email app? The other Outlook emails apps all stopped working for me not long after I got the search to work via Ploquit's instructions. So far so good with this version. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-the-web-version-of-outlook-like-a-desktop-app-b360bd9a-00dc-43a4-bdf8-71cdeeb78e83

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T02:31:15+00:00

    For me and at least 6 others, our programs worked again once we cleared the history cached in our Microsoft accounts.

    I wrote about it a few posts back. In the first half of my post I mention all the recommended fixes that didn't work, toggle wifi was tried, but I forgot to mention it. The second half of my post was instructions with screenshots of how to clear the cache on the Microsoft account server.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T03:53:35+00:00

    I was using shortcut keys too, then that eventually broke which led me to my 2 day hunt to find a solution. I posted a fix a couple of posts up from yours. So far it is working for other people. You would need to do these steps for each of your microsoft/hotmail accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments