New Report button in Outlook 2407 - How do i remove it?

Anonymous
2024-08-20T14:12:31+00:00

Hi There,

We currently use a third-party phishing and spam report add-on in Outlook. Previously we used the Report Message add-in but soon removed this just so we would have one means of reporting emails.

This has been working for us fine but I have noticed that on the current Channel there is another "Report" button on the Home tab. I can't see any information on this in the release notes and nothing in the Microsoft Admin Centre that can remove this tenant-wide. The only way I can remove it is manually removing it from the Ribbon, which isn't feasible for 200+ devices.

Can anyone assist in how I can remove this for all devices?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T12:56:37+00:00

    Thank you Gabriel for confirming this is a bug.

    As an item I found, there is some options for pushing updates out to hide the Report button from Outlook through various ways, but to share one option, you can modify the olkexplorer.officeUI file in the C:\Users{user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office path and append the following:

    <mso:group idQ="mso:GroupReportAction" visible="false"/>

    to manually hide the Report button from the ribbon. This can allow for a more automated approach across an environment.

    This doesn't seem to work for me. Do you have to apply it in any specific point within the UI file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T13:04:33+00:00

    I was able to simply remove the button from the UI using the "customize ribbon" and then push the new UI file out to everyone as well. It looks like this modification added a line item to my UI similar to what you posted, but is prefixed with a "/mso group":

    </mso:group><mso:group idQ="mso:GroupReportAction" visible="false"/>

    This appears to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T15:18:16+00:00

    Correct, I should have included that detail, the command needs to be inserted into the existing /mso tags. As mentioned, if you have the capability, it is easier to push out the file to everyone, be aware that it will just remove any other custom ribbon options each individual may have setup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T19:45:13+00:00

    Is there a location to monitor the progress on the bug fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T21:30:21+00:00

    I am posting an Outlook Known Issue article which will be published on Monday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments