New Report button in Outlook 2407 - How do i remove it?

Anonymous
2024-08-20T14:12:31+00:00

Hi There,

We currently use a third-party phishing and spam report add-on in Outlook. Previously we used the Report Message add-in but soon removed this just so we would have one means of reporting emails.

This has been working for us fine but I have noticed that on the current Channel there is another "Report" button on the Home tab. I can't see any information on this in the release notes and nothing in the Microsoft Admin Centre that can remove this tenant-wide. The only way I can remove it is manually removing it from the Ribbon, which isn't feasible for 200+ devices.

Can anyone assist in how I can remove this for all devices?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T14:39:26+00:00

    Jeff,

    Could you test unchecking "Monitor reported messages in Outlook" and see if the button still shows up?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-06T15:07:43+00:00

    I went to Entra > Applications > Enterprise Applications and deleted the Report Message button.
    Hope this helps.

    • TheNewGuy

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T15:13:38+00:00

    I'm having this same issue, it seems like the problem is for existing installs that got the new button pushed to them. After disabling the button in the security admin center new installs of classic outlook don't have the button. Seems like outlook doesn't pickup on the setting being disabled. The next office update may very well fix it but I need to fix it sooner rather than later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T15:44:40+00:00

    I hate this needless change... so now what's the difference between this and the "Protection" reporting button add-in? Does this still feed reports into Defender for scrutiny? I can't just "turn it off" because I want the iOS apps to still have reporting capabilities but I also don't want to confuse those on Windows with two different buttons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T12:57:10+00:00

    I am on Beta channel and have had the report button for a while now. All other users are on Current Channel, and many are seeing the new Report button.

    All users are signed in to same tenant as we only have single tenant. Tried unchecking "Monitor reported messages in Outlook", saving and re-enabling, Also, no change. I do not see the new Report button in outlook.office.com nor new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments