New Report button in Outlook 2407 - How do i remove it?

Anonymous
2024-08-20T14:12:31+00:00

Hi There,

We currently use a third-party phishing and spam report add-on in Outlook. Previously we used the Report Message add-in but soon removed this just so we would have one means of reporting emails.

This has been working for us fine but I have noticed that on the current Channel there is another "Report" button on the Home tab. I can't see any information on this in the release notes and nothing in the Microsoft Admin Centre that can remove this tenant-wide. The only way I can remove it is manually removing it from the Ribbon, which isn't feasible for 200+ devices.

Can anyone assist in how I can remove this for all devices?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T13:57:42+00:00

    Any luck? I'm testing this out this morning. We have seen an uptick in false positive failures due to users reporting simulated phishing emails using Microsoft's report button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-16T15:10:18+00:00

    We utilize the same solution and we have always had the "Use a non-Microsoft add-in button" option and we are still getting users with Classic Outlook having the "Report" button show up.

    Anyone else having luck getting this removed when using a non-Microsoft add-in option was still having the button added?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-16T12:04:12+00:00

    We run the KnowBe4 Report Phishing button and this change is causing all sorts of issues.

    Does anyone know how long it takes Outlook to hide the button after selecting "Use a non-Microsoft add-in button"?

    I read somewhere that "Use a non-Microsoft add-in button" will only hide the button on Classic Outlook. What define Classic Outlook?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T12:21:04+00:00

    Anyone having an issue saving the "Use a non-Microsoft add-in button"? I've saved it multiple times but when I go back into the User Reported settings, it defaults back to "Use the built-in Report button in Outlook".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T15:15:57+00:00

    Unchecking "Monitor reported messages in Outlook", saving then restarting Outlook removed the Report button. When re-enabled, the Report button comes back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments