New Report button in Outlook 2407 - How do i remove it?

Anonymous
2024-08-20T14:12:31+00:00

Hi There,

We currently use a third-party phishing and spam report add-on in Outlook. Previously we used the Report Message add-in but soon removed this just so we would have one means of reporting emails.

This has been working for us fine but I have noticed that on the current Channel there is another "Report" button on the Home tab. I can't see any information on this in the release notes and nothing in the Microsoft Admin Centre that can remove this tenant-wide. The only way I can remove it is manually removing it from the Ribbon, which isn't feasible for 200+ devices.

Can anyone assist in how I can remove this for all devices?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T19:09:58+00:00

    I'm running 15.20.8272.0 and the 'bug' is apparently still somewhere swimming around.

    I have the options set exactly as shown in multiple posts.

    Both classic and new Outlook are saddled with the MS button and I can't get it gone. Setting set with powershell (There's also a bug in the webgui there in the security portal FYI).

    No dice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T18:35:49+00:00

    The removal bug has been fixed. I just got the Known Issue updated, Classic Outlook Report button not removed after setting “Use a non-Microsoft add-in button” - Microsoft Support. I also tested this yesterday and confirmed the fix. The service fix is at 95% so not every user might not have it but most do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T18:18:53+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T18:18:09+00:00

    No and that's the issue. We use a third-party provider for reporting and while there is an option to not use the MS button, the option doesn't work. You're only recourse is to manage every Outlook instance separately until they fix the bug:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/classic-outlook-report-button-not-removed-after-setting-use-a-non-microsoft-add-in-button-5115fd55-7939-4e95-9131-0221e5b826e5

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments