Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I did some testing and think I have found the issue here. The "Monitor reported messages in Outlook" setting must be unchecked for the report shield to be removed. I am using KnowBe4 and completely removed the Microsoft report button from our organization's integrated apps. Then I configured the integration between KnowBe4 and Microsoft Defender. In order for this integration to work you need to have the "Monitor reported messages in Outlook" setting checked. I tested multiple machines and once changing this setting and bouncing outlook the report shield will appear if its checked and disappear if not. Microsoft this is causing a big issue for us. One option is to leave the setting checked and allow the integration to work but the report button will still show(You can remove it manually but this is not a solution for large scale operations). Two you can leave the setting unchecked and disable any reporting to Microsoft Defender which is also not a proper solution. Microsoft is there any plans to fix this issue? Currently we can not
have third party report buttons and still report messages to Defender. I hope this helps someone.