New Report button in Outlook 2407 - How do i remove it?

Anonymous
2024-08-20T14:12:31+00:00

Hi There,

We currently use a third-party phishing and spam report add-on in Outlook. Previously we used the Report Message add-in but soon removed this just so we would have one means of reporting emails.

This has been working for us fine but I have noticed that on the current Channel there is another "Report" button on the Home tab. I can't see any information on this in the release notes and nothing in the Microsoft Admin Centre that can remove this tenant-wide. The only way I can remove it is manually removing it from the Ribbon, which isn't feasible for 200+ devices.

Can anyone assist in how I can remove this for all devices?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T19:09:58+00:00

    I'm running 15.20.8272.0 and the 'bug' is apparently still somewhere swimming around.

    I have the options set exactly as shown in multiple posts.

    Both classic and new Outlook are saddled with the MS button and I can't get it gone. Setting set with powershell (There's also a bug in the webgui there in the security portal FYI).

    No dice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T14:12:23+00:00

    Were you able to resolve? I have same settings, third party button, and built-in report button is still visible. Worse yet, the email is not reported as phish when used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T15:39:52+00:00

    Hi Gabriel,

    Thanks for your response,

    I have checked the user reported settings a we previously had it configured like so:

    Yet the report button is still in Outlook classic, so clearly this setting isn't influencing whether the built-in report button is showing.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T12:57:10+00:00

    I am on Beta channel and have had the report button for a while now. All other users are on Current Channel, and many are seeing the new Report button.

    All users are signed in to same tenant as we only have single tenant. Tried unchecking "Monitor reported messages in Outlook", saving and re-enabling, Also, no change. I do not see the new Report button in outlook.office.com nor new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T14:27:03+00:00

    Exact same thing I'm seeing here unfortunately, although speaking to other colleagues on the same build version they don't have this new report button, so doesn't seem like it on everyone's outlook.

    I think if it becomes more of a problem we will just have to advise users to either remove it from their ribbon manually, or advise them to ignore and use the third-party one all the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments