NEW Outlook (2024) Snooze calendar reminders to "5 minutes before"

Anonymous
2024-03-25T21:21:55+00:00

On the new version of Outlook, the only snooze options for calendar reminders are 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 2 hours. The problem is when the calendar reminder is set to hit a day before the appointment, none of those intervals are enough to get it out of your face for the rest of the day. Is there a way to bring back the 12 hour snooze, and the 5 minutes before snooze, at the least?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T14:39:40+00:00

    I agree! Please bring back the extended snooze duration options. They have proved very helpful in the past. The current functionality is insufficient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T17:53:20+00:00

    Bring this back why would they not make it the same as the old outlook? Classic Mircosoft smh

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T17:18:21+00:00

    I completely agree. I really miss being able to snooze a reminder for days or even a week. Sometimes it is useful to have some advance notice for planning prior to an event, but to also be able to snooze the alarm until much closer to the actual event.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T19:03:01+00:00

    It's been 8 months since you said it would roll out this month (in March 2024) and there is still no option to snooze 12 hours. Please bring back the option to snooze for multiple days. Not having that is a huge disappointment. I don't see a reason why it was necessary to remove it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T09:23:20+00:00

    Do Microsoft still look at this thread?

    I wonder if there is a new (more effective) way to engage with the people that can influence improvements (or in this case simply equality with all previous versions) of Microsoft's applications for business?

    I have used Microsoft's business suite software for decades and all previous changes "upgrades" have been evolutions (meaning if you were familiar with an earlier version of the software application, all the short cuts your brain 'muscle memory' had unconsciously developed still worked), however this latest one seems an evolution and it takes a long time to 'unlearn' the way you have always achieved your results and discover how you now have to complete the same thing that you used to do without thinking about it

    Perhaps its just me getting too old and resistant to change, but I am certainly feeling less productive than I used to be, having to consciously think (or sometimes even ask 'google' for assistance) about how to do the things I've been doing for years as easily as breathing

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments