NEW Outlook (2024) Snooze calendar reminders to "5 minutes before"

Anonymous
2024-03-25T21:21:55+00:00

On the new version of Outlook, the only snooze options for calendar reminders are 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 2 hours. The problem is when the calendar reminder is set to hit a day before the appointment, none of those intervals are enough to get it out of your face for the rest of the day. Is there a way to bring back the 12 hour snooze, and the 5 minutes before snooze, at the least?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T13:53:21+00:00

    I agree the maximum snooze time for a reminder being 2 hours is not enough. In the Old Outlook you could snooze for days and weeks, which I found very useful for certain repeat reminders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T18:14:10+00:00

    To make sure I'm understanding, there is no longer functionality in Outlook to flag emails for follow-up and there are no more reminders for calendar invitations?

    If so, can this please be added to the roadmap for re-implementation?

    These functionalities are valuable across our organization, given volume of client requests made in email vs. other platforms.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T19:32:15+00:00

    No, that is not what I am saying. I set Tasks as reminders that sometimes I dismiss right away as it was just a quick reminder, and sometimes I snooze them to come back to at a later date or to just keep as an ongoing reminder. In the old Outlook, the standard snooze options are 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 0.5 days, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 1 week or 2 weeks. The old Outlook also allows you to enter custom snooze time, so you could reset a Task for 8 weeks, or 30 weeks, or however you long you would prefer. The new outlook only allows you to snooze 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours. The new version does not allow a user to enter a custom snooze time either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T19:39:33+00:00

    Sorry, Grant. My comment was a question for Microsoft (not you :-). Seems we are having similar challenges with new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T21:12:49+00:00

    It appears the 5 before, 10 before type things have been added, but it still only goes up to 2 hours after. I'd also love to snooze something until the following day. Now Id' have to snooze every 2 hours until I'm done for the day and then see it in the morning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments