NEW Outlook (2024) Snooze calendar reminders to "5 minutes before"

Anonymous
2024-03-25T21:21:55+00:00

On the new version of Outlook, the only snooze options for calendar reminders are 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 2 hours. The problem is when the calendar reminder is set to hit a day before the appointment, none of those intervals are enough to get it out of your face for the rest of the day. Is there a way to bring back the 12 hour snooze, and the 5 minutes before snooze, at the least?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T08:57:56+00:00

    Thanks for the support. It was a useful function to allow timely reminders to re-occur when you are busy working on something else, especially if you're a bit forgetful like me, it was a godsend. The ability for it to keep popping up and annoying me for days/weeks/months in some cases for me, was very helpful, especially if like me you work on Projects, don't need a full blown project management system. The ability to capture reminders/tasks etc... in one place on your outlook calendar was helpful.

    It has made made consider using Google Calendar instead and tieing in with my Google Mail accounts, if this happened there may be a lot of licence revenue lost by Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T17:47:17+00:00

    Honestly, and no offense intended, but this change is ridiculous. You can schedule an event to notify you days ahead, but then the longest you can snooze it is 2 hours? Microsoft needs to put the snooze feature back to having the same options it had previously.

    I agree...bring this feature back! I understand the need to update, but this feature not being available is unacceptable. I get angry when massive changes are made and I have to stumble around getting used to everything, but when things I need disappear it is so frustrating. How many requests will it take before this simple tweak can be completed? Seriously!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T14:43:09+00:00

    Honestly, and no offense intended, but this change is ridiculous. You can schedule an event to notify you days ahead, but then the longest you can snooze it is 2 hours? Microsoft needs to put the snooze feature back to having the same options it had previously.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T09:23:20+00:00

    Do Microsoft still look at this thread?

    I wonder if there is a new (more effective) way to engage with the people that can influence improvements (or in this case simply equality with all previous versions) of Microsoft's applications for business?

    I have used Microsoft's business suite software for decades and all previous changes "upgrades" have been evolutions (meaning if you were familiar with an earlier version of the software application, all the short cuts your brain 'muscle memory' had unconsciously developed still worked), however this latest one seems an evolution and it takes a long time to 'unlearn' the way you have always achieved your results and discover how you now have to complete the same thing that you used to do without thinking about it

    Perhaps its just me getting too old and resistant to change, but I am certainly feeling less productive than I used to be, having to consciously think (or sometimes even ask 'google' for assistance) about how to do the things I've been doing for years as easily as breathing

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T19:03:01+00:00

    It's been 8 months since you said it would roll out this month (in March 2024) and there is still no option to snooze 12 hours. Please bring back the option to snooze for multiple days. Not having that is a huge disappointment. I don't see a reason why it was necessary to remove it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments