In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears

Anonymous
2024-04-05T09:00:22+00:00

In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears instead of a plain "Search". The search works fine but this <0W> is annoying. How can I delete it and why it appeared suddenly?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T07:02:40+00:00

    Diane, can this Apple glitch be addressed in the registry?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. lmacri 2,505 Reputation points
    2024-07-24T12:41:23+00:00

    Diane, can this Apple glitch be addressed in the registry?

    Hi Peter Perros :

    Just to clarify, it's unlikely this "Search <0w>" glitch in the Outlook search box has anything to do with an Apple product. Diane was just pointing out in their 01-Jul-2024 post <here> that the Outlook Change Notifier add-in I see at File | Options | Add-ins was added by a non-Microsoft product (i.e., by my iTunes for Windows v12.x software from Apple).

    As a test I deactivated all my Outlook add-ins and and restarted my computer and my Outlook search box still displayed "Search <0w>", which confirmed for Diane that an add-on is not the cause of this issue on my system.

    As of today the only active add-on at File | Options | Add-ins I use with my MS Outlook 2019 is the Microsoft Exchange Add-in.

    Dell Inspiron 15 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4651 * Firefox v128.0.2 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.24060.7-1.1.24060.5 * Malwarebytes Premium v5.1.6.117-1.0.1280 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019 C2R Version 2406 / Build 17726.20126

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T21:21:07+00:00

    Hi all,

    This issue has been escalated to the Outlook Team for a fix. I'll post back when I know what build it will be fixed in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T20:06:19+00:00

    Same problem here. Just showed up in the last year, and it's been annoying and makes the whole program feel less reliable. I'm using Office Professional Plus 2016 running on Windows 10. I tried applying updates and the <0w> is still there. I could get to the list of add-ins, but am not sure how to disable them from there. Looking forward to a fix being posted.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T20:56:23+00:00

    This issue is fixed already in the Beta Channel starting with build 18003.15000. The fix will go to CC Preview in mid-September and Current Channel production in late September starting with build 18025.20000.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments