In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears

Anonymous
2024-04-05T09:00:22+00:00

In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears instead of a plain "Search". The search works fine but this <0W> is annoying. How can I delete it and why it appeared suddenly?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-01T13:27:13+00:00

    What are you using for antivirus? This was triggered in the past by antivirus add-ins, but other add-ins could be the cause. Disable all non-Microsoft add-ins and restart outlook. Does it go away? If yes, enable them one at a time to see which is at fault.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. lmacri 2,505 Reputation points
    2024-07-01T14:55:14+00:00

    What are you using for antivirus? This was triggered in the past by antivirus add-ins, but other add-ins could be the cause. Disable all non-Microsoft add-ins and restart outlook. Does it go away? If yes, enable them one at a time to see which is at fault.

    Hi Diane:

    I use Microsoft Defender as my primary antivirus. I also run Malwarebytes Premium in real-time protection mode for secondary protection but I completely disabled Malwarebytes (Settings | General | Windows Startup | Launch Malwarebytes in the Background When Windows Starts | OFF) and restarted my computer but that didn't remove the "<0w>" from my Outlook 2019 search box.

    I've never added an add-in to MS Outlook 2019 (or any of my other MS Office 2019 programs) myself . As far as I know all add-ins I have at File | Options | Add-ins came with my MS Office Home and Business 2019 installation. From my MS Outlook 2019:

    Dell Inspiron 15 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4529 * Firefox v127.0.2 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.24050.7-1.1.24050.5 * Malwarebytes Premium v5.1.5.116-1.0.1252 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019 C2R Version 2406 / Build 17726.20126

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-01T15:57:46+00:00

    Change notifier is Apple - installed by iTunes or iCloud. if you not using iTunes to sync Outlook calendar & contacts, you can disable it. It doesn't usually cause problems though (that I've seen.) The other two add-ins are Microsoft - if you don't send mail or calendar to OneNote, it can be disabled - exchange add-in helps with calendaring. But - neither is likely to cause this problem.

    I'll see if support knows what is triggering it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T17:48:48+00:00

    Still there for me in Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019....

    ...and that's with all OS and app updates installed as of today !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T18:07:39+00:00

    This is a simple problem to fix, but Microsoft has not fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments