In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears

Anonymous
2024-04-05T09:00:22+00:00

In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears instead of a plain "Search". The search works fine but this <0W> is annoying. How can I delete it and why it appeared suddenly?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T10:02:46+00:00

    Hello, I'm from the future and still no fix lol!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T05:43:20+00:00

    User - "Microsoft, please rectify this issue. No remedy seem to have yet been found".

    Microsoft - "we so not 'functional' issue here, works fine... next..."

    #typicalmicrosoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. lmacri 2,505 Reputation points
    2024-07-01T19:10:41+00:00

    Change notifier is Apple - installed by iTunes or iCloud. if you not using iTunes to sync Outlook calendar & contacts, you can disable it. It doesn't usually cause problems though (that I've seen.) The other two add-ins are Microsoft - if you don't send mail or calendar to OneNote, it can be disabled - exchange add-in helps with calendaring. ...

    Hi Diane:

    As a second test I disabled Malwarebytes Premium (Settings | General | Windows Startup | Launch Malwarebytes in the Background When Windows Starts | OFF), inactivated ALL my Outlook 2019 add-ins at File | Options | Add-ins as shown below and then restarted my computer and it made no difference - I still see "Search <0w>" in my Outlook 2019 search box.

    Thanks for the info about my add-ins. I don't sync Outlook with iTunes or use OneNote so I'll re-activate the Microsoft Exchange Add-in and leave the rest inactivated.


    Dell Inspiron 15 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.4529 * Firefox v127.0.2 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.24050.7-1.1.24050.5 * Malwarebytes Premium v5.1.5.116-1.0.1252 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7783 * Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019 C2R Version 2406 / Build 17726.20126 * iTunes for Windows v12.13.2.3

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T18:07:39+00:00

    This is a simple problem to fix, but Microsoft has not fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T17:48:48+00:00

    Still there for me in Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019....

    ...and that's with all OS and app updates installed as of today !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments