In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears

Anonymous
2024-04-05T09:00:22+00:00

In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears instead of a plain "Search". The search works fine but this <0W> is annoying. How can I delete it and why it appeared suddenly?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T12:03:14+00:00

    Still have "Search <0w>" in Outlook search bar (September 28, 2024)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T14:33:07+00:00

    The fix for this issue is expected in the Office updates in late September. If you need the fix now you can switch Office to the Beta Channel, Use a registry command to install Microsoft 365 Insider on Windows devices - Microsoft 365 Insider | Microsoft Learn.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-24T16:44:49+00:00

    I bought and installed Office Pro 2019 two days ago and the 0w is the default, it seems.

    Because it's a fresh install, downloaded during the install, there are no updates to be done.

    Of note, I had had OneNote 2019 installed and that blocked me from installing so I had to run the SARA uninstaller to remove all traces of 2019 from my system and then install it all fresh so no pre-existing issues should have been present.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T20:56:23+00:00

    This issue is fixed already in the Beta Channel starting with build 18003.15000. The fix will go to CC Preview in mid-September and Current Channel production in late September starting with build 18025.20000.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T20:06:19+00:00

    Same problem here. Just showed up in the last year, and it's been annoying and makes the whole program feel less reliable. I'm using Office Professional Plus 2016 running on Windows 10. I tried applying updates and the <0w> is still there. I could get to the list of add-ins, but am not sure how to disable them from there. Looking forward to a fix being posted.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments