In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears

Anonymous
2024-04-05T09:00:22+00:00

In the outlook search bar "Search <0w>" appears instead of a plain "Search". The search works fine but this <0W> is annoying. How can I delete it and why it appeared suddenly?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T09:55:26+00:00

    I have suddenly started seeing "Search <0w>" string this in my Outlook search bar. Can this issue be escalated to a Microsoft engineer? I find it annoying. It has started popping up on all my office desktops, so I assume it's an update issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T10:01:19+00:00

    I think that this site is completely useless....

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T10:56:13+00:00

    I have the same issue - noticed during the past couple of days ( 7th-9th April 2024).

    I'm running:

    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎10/‎06/‎2022
    OS build 19045.4239
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19055.1000.0

    on

    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

    with

    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 version 2403 (Build 17425.20146 Click-to-run)

    Microsoft® Outlook® 2019 MSO (Version 2403 Build 16.0.17425.20124) 64-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T15:07:42+00:00

    Same issue appeared after an update that made dark mode work again. I have a feeling that what your seeing a bug and likely just a color code to turn the "Search" text white but it is not formatted correctly (since the update). This will likely get fixed in a future update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-21T17:39:26+00:00

    I have this same issue and I find it very annoying. My employees are complaining. It is distracting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments