Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I found another outlook installed in my PC. Switched to that and it works great...soooo much more functional than the new one...Keith
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I accidently switched my email to the new version!! I wish support would switch my email back to the classic email version!!! thank you!
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I found another outlook installed in my PC. Switched to that and it works great...soooo much more functional than the new one...Keith
I a
had the same issue, there is NO revert button.
here is the simple fix.
Go to all apps you will see outlook classic and new outlook
Delete new outlook, i had to reinstall 365 if you are using that.
Now new outlook deleated.
Outlook now opens in classic mode all the time
Thank you for your response, This is so frustrating for me. When I pulled down the tab on the right, it gave me the option for classic, but when i click on there it's a little different but still the new. I want the old one that had all my email accounts on the left. It was easier for me. I'm not very savvy at this, but i really appreciate your help. So, do i uninstall what i guess is the new outlook mail now? And then what do i install? I'm not very good at this.
hi Frankie, very frustrating as no telephone help from Microsoft now.
Unsure if you have downloaded office 365 in which i have or unless you have the download key.
Nevertheless.
Go to the app section > view all apps on the left-hand side od screen
Scroll down to outlook apps, there will be classic outlook and new outlook. There are 2 apps for outlook
Uninstall new outlook so there is classic only
With office 365 which is a yearly subscription i had to download it again.
Now outlook classic will appear on your computer screen as the preferred outlook viewer, new outlook is not there.
When you view in Apps for outlook there is only classic there, new outlook is not there. Yay
However, in the classic mode there is a toggle on the top right to switch to new outlook. Microsoft are pushing this.
Switching between the 2 outlook versions i think that emails in new outlook are not visible in classic outlook
Emails can be retrieved through Microsoft online help.
Trust all goes good you Mate
Thank you for your response. After a whole frustrating day of this, i finally figured it out. I was able to do live chat, who resolved the issue, but it quickly reverted back to new format again. Even though I did pay attention to what he did remotely as best i could, i decided to do live chat again.
This time i spoke to someone who at some point, i realize now, was challenging my license for outlook, which i didn't understand at that time. Anyway, she refused to help. I was very upset, but i remembered what the previous person on live chat had done, so i tried and it worked. It brought me back to old classic format.
It's very simple, and you might have to keep doing this again as using the app sometimes may take you back to the new one. Hopefully, Microsoft won't prevent this as it would be unconscionable of them to do so.
The second live chat person tried very hard to get me to buy a subscription before she would switch it back to old format, and finally when i refused to buy a subcription to get the old format back, she just refused to do anything for me.
At the top of the new format, you'll see a row of functions, one of which is SETTINGS.>General> About Outlook, then select Open Mail Now, and it takes you back to Classic Format.