Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I found another outlook installed in my PC. Switched to that and it works great...soooo much more functional than the new one...Keith
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I accidently switched my email to the new version!! I wish support would switch my email back to the classic email version!!! thank you!
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I found another outlook installed in my PC. Switched to that and it works great...soooo much more functional than the new one...Keith
you can open the new mail app (make sure is the new one it will have "new" next to name) then from there go settings and about it will reverse back to old mail.
i hope it helped others
Hi i have been using Outlook Classic for Many Years & now not by my choice i have been switched to this new version which is **** how can i revert back to the classic version this new version needs to be put in the bin why do i have to sign in every time to read a email if i cannot switch back i might have to switch email providers NOT HAPPY
I hear you. The new one is problematic for me too. I'm going to look into finding a free but good alternative mail. I've heard there are some really good ones out there. I'm totally giving up on outlook mail. Everyone who hates the new version should do the same, in my opinion.
Hi Bob, Unsure why Microsoft incorporated the new version as classic is better by far. Microsoft just makes life hard for everyone, I am using office 365 so unsure on what office you are using. The outlook is stuck on new version, there is a tab on the top right in which you can revert back to classic from new, but this was not a fixed option as it will revert back to new outlook layout after using the classic, Anyway the way i overcome this was app selection, Outlook has new and classic so i selected classic and reinstalled 365, presto now outlook starts up on classic, If you have downloaded the normal office i would presume select outlook classic, This has worked fine for a few months but there has been a time when outlook opened in new so switched to classic tab on the top right and it has stayed there.
And to make it worse now Microsoft on their web site are not selling the office download , It is all going to 365 and the prices have increased by 55% which is a joke, there is no justification for this, when my liscence expires just may need to install office 2010