Microsoft Outlook for Mac Version 16.80 will not sync email automatically

Anonymous
2023-12-13T20:11:06+00:00

It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-14T17:15:25+00:00

I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T03:15:51+00:00

    This seems to have worked for me (Outlook 16.66), at least for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T14:13:08+00:00

    I have the same issue since last very recent ask for update, even in Outlook365 version 16.79.3

    I am wondering why it does not load regularly and get new mails in manually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T14:23:10+00:00

    This worked for me as well. Since doing this, it is syncing normally again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T14:23:43+00:00

    I have MS Outlook 16.54 and have the same issue with mail not syncing.

    On a mac mini running OS 10.14.6.

    Oddly my iPhone is getting mail no problem. I tried the sync folders fix and no luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments