Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache
Workaround: Enable "sync shared mailboxes" option under settings > accounts > advanced and restart Outlook.
I am having same issue. Have to hit "send & receive" to get new emails, since updtae to 16.80 yesterday (12-13-23) morning.
This is my work email, so very important that I get emails in a timely manner without remembering to hit Send&Receive.
Please make this a priority.
Having this issue as well. Our users predominately use MacOS (Outlook ver 16.80) and thus we're seeing this spread across a lot of them. Through troubleshooting it appears to be singled down to the "Legacy Outlook" as any user on "New Outlook" is not having the same issue and any user choosing to make the switch is greeted with a correctly functional auto-sync feature.
New Outlook resolves this issue BUT...... then we still have the issue in NEW Outlook of not being able to send attachments