Microsoft Outlook for Mac Version 16.80 will not sync email automatically

Anonymous
2023-12-13T20:11:06+00:00

It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-14T17:15:25+00:00

I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-16T03:26:34+00:00

    My school is experiencing the same issue - we have hundreds of teachers on Macs using the Legacy version of Outlook because it allows the creation of Contact groups and they are not receiving their email. I could not email them to tell them it was not working so my team is trying to get the message out via face to face networking but we have users spread across 4 islands. This is very problematic. I tried the emptying cache suggestion someone suggested but it did not work. Please fix this as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T18:30:32+00:00

    I have the same problem....fix please!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T17:53:38+00:00

    Workaround: Enable "sync shared mailboxes" option under settings > accounts > advanced and restart Outlook.

    This worked for me and I am running Legacy Outlook 16.80 on Mac OS 13.6.3. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments