Microsoft Outlook for Mac Version 16.80 will not sync email automatically

Anonymous
2023-12-13T20:11:06+00:00

It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-14T17:15:25+00:00

I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T00:21:31+00:00

    This is working now? Even with "Sync shared mailboxes" off? That would be fantastic news!

    Our president hasn't been able to use Outlook on his M2 MacBook Pro yet because of this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T18:46:22+00:00

    Looks like they fixed it over the weekend. Sync is back to normal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T04:13:49+00:00

    I think it's not related to the software update. The issue happened on different versions of Mac Outlook since last Wednesday.

    Updated: The issue has been fixed now and push email update back to service again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-17T19:22:22+00:00

    I've tried suggestions mentioned above, but nothing seems to work. the same issue materialized yesterday afternoon. note: I'm using an imap mail server.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments