Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache
I'm having the same issue, which started on 12/12/23. I'm also using the Legacy version of Outlook since the New version doesn't support several features which are essential for my job. I was hoping the update to version 16.80 would fix it, but it hasn't.
But then I have to use the new Outlook and to be honest it is horrible. It does not have features the current version has. The major issue for me is there is no "Edit Message" feature. In my work, I process email forms and I need to edit the subject of each form I receive to add a tracking number. I cannot do that in the new Outlook, which makes my job harder.
Add this feature, and I will consider switching, but for now I will hit Send & Receive to see my emails.
Everything was working fine before Tuesday's update to 16.80.
I completely agree that the New version of Outlook still needs work to reach parity in both function and stability and I don't push it on users because of that. Just noting that, through our testing, for whatever reason, the issue seems localized to the Legacy application.
But then I have to use the new Outlook and to be honest it is horrible. It does not have features the current version has. The major issue for me is there is no "Edit Message" feature. In my work, I process email forms and I need to edit the subject of each form I receive to add a tracking number. I cannot do that in the new Outlook, which makes my job harder.
Add this feature, and I will consider switching, but for now I will hit Send & Receive to see my emails.
Everything was working fine before Tuesday's update to 16.80.
We have this same problem since yesterday on multiple computers, but are still running Outlook 16.79 – so this seems to be a problem not directly related to the new version.