Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac for personal email and calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache
Workaround: Enable "sync shared mailboxes" option under settings > accounts > advanced and restart Outlook.
I have the same issue 16.80. Legacy Outlook. I can't change to New until some issues are fixed, including activating IMAP rules for some secondary accounts. Seems very strange that the NEW Outlook doesn't have Legacy Outlook features.....
It is only with the Exchange account I have, the imap accounts are working......
I have turned on this workaround: "sync shared mailboxes" option was enabled for them under settings > accounts > advanced" and it does appear to work in my personal 1 hour survey.....
I contacted Outlook support and this was the response:
"Our engineers are aware of this issue and upon investigation it impacts EWS protocol that's used by some other email clients too and not specifically with Outlook Mac.
Listed below are the current workarounds:
-Click Send & Receive icon in the ribbon or restart Outlook
-switch to New Outlook interface (The issue only occurs in Legacy Outlook)
Could you please collect and share with us the diagnostic code?
When collecting the Diagnostic code, make sure to replicate the issue like twice or so before you proceed. This way, the log will capture the issue and our engineers would be able to review the log accordingly.
You can refer to the quick guidelines below:
1. Make sure to replicate the issue (twice or so)
2. Go to Help menu
3. Select "Collect Diagnostics" then click OK button
4. copy and paste the Incident ID or Diagnostic code here in the support ticket."
I'd recommend everyone do this so they can hopefully resolve this sooner rather than later...
Follow up: I have another Mac running Outlook for Mac Version 16.66.2, and it is now having the same sync issue. So it does not appear to be localized to 16.80. Both are running Legacy which appears to be the issue. Agree that New Outlook is **** compared to Legacy. I hope Microsoft will realize that New Outlook is like New Coke and, at a minimum, continue to support and update and fix Legacy for those of us who use it and recognize how much better it actually is.