Is the option to add a signature to a calendar invite gone?

Anonymous
2023-10-17T19:02:47+00:00

I just updated to the newest Outlook version, and now when I create a calendar or meeting invite, there is not "insert" tab where I can select to add my signature. Am I missing something? I have spent all day trying to figure this out. I do not want to manual type or copy and paste my email signature for every event invite, but it's important to get my contact info out there. Is this feature.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T16:54:41+00:00

    ^^Agreed, ****

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T08:51:07+00:00

    Hi All,

    I was hoping to get an answer for this problem.

    I have tried to create a template for my signature as suggested, but it is also saying that my template is too large :/

    So I am now having to copy and paste my signature every time which is very inefficient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T06:58:08+00:00

    This is actually a compliance issue at our organisation. We have a number of ISO, cybersecurity, and information governance accreditations especially those needed for working with government bodies.

    Some of these accreditations require a signature to include document classification, others require business details to comply with legislation.

    The automatic nature of a signature allows our organisation to ensure that nobody has the excuse, "I forgot," when it turns out an email went to a client without the required legalese included.

    Calendar invitations are sent by email and so they are emails. Our compliance policies require all emails include a company approved signature and our mechanism for this is the one that has been available in Outlook (original desktop) for the longest time and even the web app used to do it.

    I hope this can be added to the list of justifications for reviving this feature please.

    Edited to add:

    Requirement: All emails must include several required elements as a signature to comply with law, policy and cybersecurity baselines

    Risk: Users may forget to include the required signature content

    Severity: Medium/High - Legal requirement, company policy. Ergo classified as an incident under ISO27001

    Impact: Medium - Reputational damage plus potential future legal headaches

    Mitigation: Configure all email accounts to automatically insert a standard email signature to all emails including calendar invitations

    Not a solution: My Templates or anything else requiring the user to remember to manually type/do. Doing something manually is the entire risk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T17:57:11+00:00

    Annoying that this still isn't resolved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T03:27:41+00:00

    Was so surprised an MVP could be release without this. This is an essential part of creating meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments