Is the option to add a signature to a calendar invite gone?

Anonymous
2023-10-17T19:02:47+00:00

I just updated to the newest Outlook version, and now when I create a calendar or meeting invite, there is not "insert" tab where I can select to add my signature. Am I missing something? I have spent all day trying to figure this out. I do not want to manual type or copy and paste my email signature for every event invite, but it's important to get my contact info out there. Is this feature.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T21:20:46+00:00

    Dear Taylor Genre,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble adding your signature to a calendar invite in the new Outlook for Windows.

    You are absolutely right, the option to add signature to a Calendar invite in the new Outlook it doesn't seem feasible at the moment. We do understand your concern here and we apologize if we are not able to meet your requirements at the moment. However, thank you for bringing this to our forum, your concern is very meaningful and reasonable. So, since the New Outlook for windows is still under active development, we will surely raise your concern to our Product Development Team and hopefully this can be included in the future updates. You can also provide your valuable suggestion to Our product development team via in-app feedback site, you can refer to Contact support and provide feedback within the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support. Microsoft is constantly working on improving their products and adding new features, so it's possible that macros may be added in the future. In the meantime, you can continue to use the current version of Outlook (Classic Outlook).

    Thank you for your precious time, valuable insight and understanding. For other questions, feel free to add your post in the Microsoft Community team.

    Stay safe and healthy. Have a good day!

    Sincerely,

    Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T12:23:08+00:00

    Indeed please make the feature available as it is essential to any business meeting invite to be able to include a signature. It is a common business practice and Outlook need to have it available. That is one of the reasons why I reverted back to old version

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T22:10:46+00:00

    Workaround...store your signature in "My Templates"... still a pain to have to remember to grab it, but until the issue is fixed, might provide some temporary relief.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T19:35:08+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. I want to use the 2023 outlook because it finally fixes the issue with the email rendering engine on the windows desktop app. I've already seen in other parts of the app that you can right click in the text pane and add your signature, but you aren't even given the option to do that on events.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-09T19:36:37+00:00

    This is my workaround, too. However, I've noticed the Template feature now defaults to weird spacing (everything is double spaced- and you can't change it, so the signature looks disjointed). Have you had this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments