Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I wish this was the problem. I use office 365 and the Outlook/iCloud problem is here as well.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I wish this was the problem. I use office 365 and the Outlook/iCloud problem is here as well.
It seems like every day, I have lost all the 8 emails I have set up. This is a real problem. I am looking for another email option. I don't have the 1/2 hour time each day to redo my email accounts.
Having an M365 account doesn't help - I'm having the same issue signed in with my M365 account. Off to a support request I guess.
I think I have this figured out. It seems Microsoft has stopped service on the classic Outlook mail client. They have a New Outlook. I tried all kinds of things I could find online to no avail. Once installed the New Outlook, my two Hotmail accounts work and never have an issues. This proves, there is nothing wrong with the POP/IMAP setup. It is just Microsoft DECIDED that they will stop Hotmail on all classic Outlook, WITHOUT being honest and telling everyone with a informative error message. So solutions are, 1. use the NEW Outlook, which lacks some useful feature. 2. find another email vendor. While you are phasing out Hotmail, you can setup Forwarding to forward Hotmails to your new email account. This way, you can at least read your email and just won't be able to login classic Outlook to send emails--you can always use a browser to login to read and reply. Same applies to phone--you can read and not able to reply.
I am on Macbook Air and this has been happening for a couple weeks.
I think it is intentional on the part of Microsoft as a follow-up to their not allowing us to use the web version as a client for non-MS emails.
GAMES! They are playing GAMES with us consumers trying to become as messed up as Apple and FORCE PEOPLE TO USE THEIR ****!!!
YOU ARE DRIVING PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOU!
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG