Why does New Outlook repeatedly ask for an app-specific password?

Anonymous
2023-10-27T18:37:04+00:00

I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T12:06:00+00:00

    Many months in to moving to Outlook on my PC and as July 2024 starts it is the same dang thing! It is driving me crazy. I have found that by leaving outlook and restarting the app it will start with access to my iCloud mail for a short time before denying access... but then right back to requesting another app-specific password. Aggravating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T06:57:50+00:00

    I think I may find out the reason why my Outlook continously asking APP password. This is due to my Outlook version is too old. I have Outook 2013 version, Microsoft stopped support this version since April 2023. Now I have upgraded to Office 365.

    So far, I don't see this problem again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T04:19:25+00:00

    I think I may find out the reason why my Outlook continously asking APP password. This is due to my Outlook version is too old. I have Outook 2013 version, Microsoft stopped support this version since April 2023. Now I have upgraded to Office 365.

    So far, I don't see this problem again.

    Not sure if you are using Outlook 2013 version as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T07:50:51+00:00

    Yes I was using Outlook 2013. So many problems with Outlook and Microsoft I replaced my email app with eM Client which is superb. No problems and much better than the Outlook app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T10:30:08+00:00

    I have had to set up my passwords six times now. This is crazy for the new outlook. It is taking so much time to reset everything. Please, I need help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments