Why does New Outlook repeatedly ask for an app-specific password?

Anonymous
2023-10-27T18:37:04+00:00

I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T06:37:02+00:00

    This is still an issue as of mid-January 2024. I also have the exact issue you describe. It is extremely annoying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T14:13:13+00:00

    Clearly not, I'm on Windows 11 Pro with the same issue.

    I have Windows and I bought Windows Pro prior to reading issues. It expired to download. Is it worth the change to W11 Pro? My 365 Family Office owner as well. Thanks. I have issues with Office 365 for 4 years and never hear from support. I opened a second family account and made my Outlook. com the primary and my aol.com a secondary account and created several outlook primary accounts for future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T14:01:09+00:00

    Clearly not, I'm on Windows 11 Pro with the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T14:00:24+00:00

    None of the above suggestions work. Every time I restart computer New Oulook asks for a new app-specific password for Apple email. No issues with Google mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more