Why does New Outlook repeatedly ask for an app-specific password?

Anonymous
2023-10-27T18:37:04+00:00

I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T01:19:20+00:00

    Unfortunately, the problem came back again:-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T04:30:41+00:00

    Today is 3/22/2024, it seems the problem is gone. The Microsoft Outlook does not ask me the to enter the APP Password this morning!

    Julian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T01:37:52+00:00

    For now, every morning when I logon to my PC, the Outlook will ask my APP password. I entered the APP password and it would work for a few seconds. And then the window most likely will pop up again and ask the APP password again. I would simply close the pop up window. Sometimes the Outlook would be happy for the rest of the day. Sometimes the Outlook would say "NEED PASSWORD". I just simply click on it, it then changes to "CONNECTED TO; MICROSOFT EXCHANGE". Just a nuisance but it is a work around for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T11:07:00+00:00

    As the solution I recommend to us eM Client and not the MS Outlook client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T11:04:10+00:00

    I have thought of another thing, as a last resort i have changed (again to try and make the account more secure) I have changed my account to a "password-less" account, even now it still asks for a password, so this does not work either....poo!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments