Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
This is still an issue as of mid-January 2024. I also have the exact issue you describe. It is extremely annoying!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is still an issue as of mid-January 2024. I also have the exact issue you describe. It is extremely annoying!
None of these steps help - also, this response feels like it was written by AI.
Still an issue as of 18 Jan 2024
I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?
It is January 31, 2024 and I too have been experiencing this same issue. I have tried all of the trouble shooting suggestions to no avail. Microsoft, please review and correct.
None of the above suggestions work. Every time I restart computer New Oulook asks for a new app-specific password for Apple email. No issues with Google mail.
This has been well over a year since this problem with New Outlook was identified.
All potential solutions involving changing Apple passwords, iCloud, etc. are a distraction. The problem is with New Outlook.
My temporary solution is to revert back to (Old) Outlook and wait for Microsoft to fix this bug.