Synchronizing New Outlook with Google Calendar

Anonymous
2023-10-06T08:15:44+00:00

On my PC I use the Outlook 365 calendar.

Unfortunately, the Outlook application on Android is not convenient for me, and therefore on my mobile I use an application that reflects the Gmail calendar.

I synchronize between the two calendars using a third-party program called Sync2Cloud that is on the personal computer and makes sure that every entry made on one device also appears on the other device.

I took your advice and tried the new Outlook. After a few minutes of adjustment and getting used to it, I find it very pleasant to use.

The problem is that it doesn't synchronize with the Gmail calendar. I checked with Sync2Cloud support, and they confirmed that indeed their software does not work with the new Outlook.

I had no choice but to go back to the old Outlook as synchronization is critical for me.

Do you have another solution?

I need a registration made in Outlook on the computer to appear in Gmail on Android and vice versa. As mentioned, Outlook for Android is not a solution.

I would love a solution that would allow me to use the new Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T12:21:51+00:00

    I want to emphasize that the connection to Google calendar (and Google contacts) I have made is with NEW Outlook. It is a desktop version of Outlook.com. All had to do is to is add my Gmail account and immediately, access to Google calendar and Google contacts was available. I did not use the ical link. And synchronization both ways is instantaneous for both calendar events and contacts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-05T13:37:35+00:00

    It's hardly Microsoft's fault. Google is accessed using the IMAP standard which only handles email. I'm guessing that Google might implement their own API to allow Outlook to synchronise via that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T07:49:36+00:00

    Tried https://outlook.office.com/calendar/options/calendar/calAccounts with my Google account, isn't the rights given a bit too extreme ?

    I don't want my professional account to turn into a hazard for my personal one.

    FYI :

    • read/compose/send/delete all mails + see/edit/create/delete all Gdrive files + see/edit/download/delete all contacts + see/edit/share/delete all the calendars ; only the rights on the calendars (and maybe contacts to invite your private contacts to events) would be expected.
    • basic hardening practices would expect least privilege for oauth (and there's APIs to do that https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/scopes#drive !) and ability to choose the level of access given
    • in the meantime, I'll probably use a "proxy" gmail address that has full rights on my personal calendar and link that one to outlook

    For a proxy gmail address and avoid giving up (waaaay) too much data and power

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T17:16:06+00:00

    There has to be a way because I was able to see all of my calendars (personal and several work ones) in Outlook 365 desktop installed version BEFORE my MS 365 had to be uninstalled and reinstalled after errors in Word. I know all the calendars were showing up in my desktop version of Outlook 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments