Synchronizing New Outlook with Google Calendar

Anonymous
2023-10-06T08:15:44+00:00

On my PC I use the Outlook 365 calendar.

Unfortunately, the Outlook application on Android is not convenient for me, and therefore on my mobile I use an application that reflects the Gmail calendar.

I synchronize between the two calendars using a third-party program called Sync2Cloud that is on the personal computer and makes sure that every entry made on one device also appears on the other device.

I took your advice and tried the new Outlook. After a few minutes of adjustment and getting used to it, I find it very pleasant to use.

The problem is that it doesn't synchronize with the Gmail calendar. I checked with Sync2Cloud support, and they confirmed that indeed their software does not work with the new Outlook.

I had no choice but to go back to the old Outlook as synchronization is critical for me.

Do you have another solution?

I need a registration made in Outlook on the computer to appear in Gmail on Android and vice versa. As mentioned, Outlook for Android is not a solution.

I would love a solution that would allow me to use the new Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T00:44:22+00:00

    As mentioned by Keith Gardner, the New Outlook problem has not been resolved. This is why I chose to revert to standard Outlook. Although, it is difficult to get bidirectional sync working on it, it does work.

    The solution resides in using Google’s iCal secret or public URL to create an Internet Calendar in Outlook, and then from within the native “Local”calendar interface sending an invitation with the origin defined as the Internet Calendar. Outlook then automatically converts the Internet calendar into a local device calendar and bidirectional syncing works.

    Since my original post I tried eliminating the Internet Calendar data file just to see if the local device calendar data was now part of the PST file for the mail account. It wasn’t. So, looks line the iCal URL is now necessary for bidirectional syncing with Google.

    Lastly, I have an Exchange/Activesync email account from another service provider. It was a nightmare getting it to work in standard Outlook on the latest Win 11 OS. It doesn’t seem to be supported on New Outlook, either.

    To get all of my calendars syncing with Outlook took at least 8 hours. This is unacceptable. MS has somehow managed to make migrating from an old PC to a new o ne more difficult and time-consuming than ever before. (And I go a long way back).

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T04:41:41+00:00

    Your reply, as well as others, has settled the Windows Mail and Calendar issue for me. I just went over to the dark side and set up Google (Alphabet) calendars to automatically open up in both browsers that I use (Chrome and Edge) and be synced with the Android (also Alphabet?) calendar in my phone. GMAIL is next up and should also be easy too.This took this old man less than 30 minutes. MAIL and Calendar had been OK for me, like an old shoe, but Microsoft did what my son couldn't- drove me to the simple world of Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T17:22:26+00:00

    How do you "send an invitation"?? thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T04:15:30+00:00

    LOL

    Me: This app does not work with a Microsoft product so no problem sync with google.

    Microsoft: No do not want that to work.

    Me: Wait not a problem Microsoft do a version of this software however it sucks so tell Microsoft.

    Microsoft: Sorry

    Me: So you going to fix these issues?

    Microsoft: (I personally just here manic laugher at this point)

    Notion have just release Calendar and Microsoft for their own bizarre reasons do not want Loop, Lists, Outlook & OneNote to interact so it not even just other peoples software that does not work together.

    I am not saying this is getting worse however Outlook Mail and Calendar no longer interact together. In new Outlook you cannot drag and drop an email to calendar to create an event.

    I will now go back to my cave to grumble about there being no way to have SharePoint as a personal user!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T15:46:39+00:00

    I just got used to Google Calendar on my PC and will switch over to that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments