Synchronizing New Outlook with Google Calendar

Anonymous
2023-10-06T08:15:44+00:00

On my PC I use the Outlook 365 calendar.

Unfortunately, the Outlook application on Android is not convenient for me, and therefore on my mobile I use an application that reflects the Gmail calendar.

I synchronize between the two calendars using a third-party program called Sync2Cloud that is on the personal computer and makes sure that every entry made on one device also appears on the other device.

I took your advice and tried the new Outlook. After a few minutes of adjustment and getting used to it, I find it very pleasant to use.

The problem is that it doesn't synchronize with the Gmail calendar. I checked with Sync2Cloud support, and they confirmed that indeed their software does not work with the new Outlook.

I had no choice but to go back to the old Outlook as synchronization is critical for me.

Do you have another solution?

I need a registration made in Outlook on the computer to appear in Gmail on Android and vice versa. As mentioned, Outlook for Android is not a solution.

I would love a solution that would allow me to use the new Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T14:02:56+00:00

    I too will stop using the New Outlook. You have taken several steps backwards in performance and adaptability.

    I am very disappointed. It's just not reliable or functional anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T13:25:55+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T04:15:30+00:00

    LOL

    Me: This app does not work with a Microsoft product so no problem sync with google.

    Microsoft: No do not want that to work.

    Me: Wait not a problem Microsoft do a version of this software however it sucks so tell Microsoft.

    Microsoft: Sorry

    Me: So you going to fix these issues?

    Microsoft: (I personally just here manic laugher at this point)

    Notion have just release Calendar and Microsoft for their own bizarre reasons do not want Loop, Lists, Outlook & OneNote to interact so it not even just other peoples software that does not work together.

    I am not saying this is getting worse however Outlook Mail and Calendar no longer interact together. In new Outlook you cannot drag and drop an email to calendar to create an event.

    I will now go back to my cave to grumble about there being no way to have SharePoint as a personal user!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T17:22:26+00:00

    How do you "send an invitation"?? thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-25T16:15:34+00:00

    The problem has something to do with the Outlook account flagged "This Computer Only". The solution was surprisingly simple.

    After trying nearly everything, I think I've found the solution to getting all Google based calendar activities to sync with Outlook, desktop version. I did the following, though some of the steps may not be necessary. For those items that may not be necessary, I've so indicated.

    1. Uninstalled both Microsoft mail and New Outlook. (may not be necessary)
    2. Created the Google calendars on Outlook.com (may not be necessary)
    3. Copied Google secret iCal address and pasted it into Outlook's Internet Calendar.
    4. I also had an account with no private/secret iCal address. For this I used the public address and after trying multiple times managed to successfully integrate it into Outlook's Internet Calendar.
    5. The only reason that steps 4 and 5 were necessary, was that the calendar must appear at least as "Other Calendar" or under My calendar.
    6. I exported the PST files from my old computer, and imported them into Outlook on the new computer. (may not be necessary)
    7. I moved the calendars up from Other Calendar to My Calendar
    8. Finally, and this was what changed everything, It is the single most important step. I opened the Outlook embedded calendar, the one flagged as "(This Computer Only)" and created a calendar invitation by selecting one of the Google email accounts as the origin. Upon sending the invitation from each Google email account their associated calendars were then automatically flagged by Outlook as "(This Computer Only)". From that point forward ALL of my calendar activities have been correctly sync'ing with Google.
    9. Lastly, I tested all of the accounts with each other, and ... voila, problem fixed.

    If I chose to, I think that now I could go back and delete the "Internet Calendar" data files in Account Settings, because I believe the calendar data is now part of the corresponding account PST.

    If anyone knows why this worked, I'd be curious to find out.

    Thanks and best of luck!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments