Synchronizing New Outlook with Google Calendar

Anonymous
2023-10-06T08:15:44+00:00

On my PC I use the Outlook 365 calendar.

Unfortunately, the Outlook application on Android is not convenient for me, and therefore on my mobile I use an application that reflects the Gmail calendar.

I synchronize between the two calendars using a third-party program called Sync2Cloud that is on the personal computer and makes sure that every entry made on one device also appears on the other device.

I took your advice and tried the new Outlook. After a few minutes of adjustment and getting used to it, I find it very pleasant to use.

The problem is that it doesn't synchronize with the Gmail calendar. I checked with Sync2Cloud support, and they confirmed that indeed their software does not work with the new Outlook.

I had no choice but to go back to the old Outlook as synchronization is critical for me.

Do you have another solution?

I need a registration made in Outlook on the computer to appear in Gmail on Android and vice versa. As mentioned, Outlook for Android is not a solution.

I would love a solution that would allow me to use the new Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-24T15:42:19+00:00

    What do you mean by "sending an invitation with the origin defined as the Internet Calendar."

    Can you provide the steps to do this please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T00:44:22+00:00

    As mentioned by Keith Gardner, the New Outlook problem has not been resolved. This is why I chose to revert to standard Outlook. Although, it is difficult to get bidirectional sync working on it, it does work.

    The solution resides in using Google’s iCal secret or public URL to create an Internet Calendar in Outlook, and then from within the native “Local”calendar interface sending an invitation with the origin defined as the Internet Calendar. Outlook then automatically converts the Internet calendar into a local device calendar and bidirectional syncing works.

    Since my original post I tried eliminating the Internet Calendar data file just to see if the local device calendar data was now part of the PST file for the mail account. It wasn’t. So, looks line the iCal URL is now necessary for bidirectional syncing with Google.

    Lastly, I have an Exchange/Activesync email account from another service provider. It was a nightmare getting it to work in standard Outlook on the latest Win 11 OS. It doesn’t seem to be supported on New Outlook, either.

    To get all of my calendars syncing with Outlook took at least 8 hours. This is unacceptable. MS has somehow managed to make migrating from an old PC to a new o ne more difficult and time-consuming than ever before. (And I go a long way back).

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T20:19:07+00:00

    You can see the Outlook 365 calendar in the Google calendar by doing this trick:

    1. Share your Outlook calendar: highlight Calendar in Outlook with a mouse, click on three dots nearby, click on Sharing and permissions, enter your Gmail and send the Outlook link to your Gmail.
    2. You will get an email from Outlook on your Gmail, something like "You are now invited to share this calendar", copy the link in "Try adding an Internet calendar and providing this URL"
    3. Go to your Google calendar, click on PLUS near "Other calendars", select From URL and paste the Outlook link.
    4. You have your Outlook calendar shared with the Google calendar.

    To sync the Google calendar in the Outlook's follow the recommendations of Christina Cornelius.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T18:15:54+00:00

    Until the "New Outlook" will fully synchronize (2 way) with the Google calendar on my Android phone, I will stick to Mail on my PC. Why take a step back in functionality?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T18:01:55+00:00

    Ireally hope that Microsoft is working on this. I currently use Mail, but have had good experience with Outlook in work settings. But seamless syncing with Google/Android 10 calendar app is essential

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments