New Outlook "Direct Replies to" missing?

Anonymous
2023-10-31T14:14:52+00:00

In the new Outlook, I can't find the "direct replies to" field. Since I send emails from various accounts, I use this feature frequently. Am I missing it or was it removed?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T11:12:38+00:00

    Yes, please put this feature (and any others ones which have been quietly removed) back in Outlook.

    Reply-To is a useful option which has existed in email for decades. Why suddenly remove it...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T15:15:56+00:00

    I recommend everyone revert to Classic and not utilize the new outlook. They are not adding this feature and it doesn't appear on any roadmap.

    I don't see the option to specify a reply-to email address in the Legacy or New version of Outlook on Mac OS. I'm using 16.88.1. In the legacy version, I don't see More Options, Direct replies to, or Have Replies Sent to or anything similar.

    The built in Help is not helpful at all. I can't find the answer on Google.

    Does anyone know how to enable the option to specify a reply-to email address in Outlook 16.88.1 in Legacy version of Outlook on Mac OS?

    thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T16:00:13+00:00

    Outlook for Mac has never had this feature AFAIK. I've always had to fire up the Classic Windows version of Outlook to get it. I don't even see it on the Web version ... which my inner conspiracy theorist finds many interesting ideas to consider.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T18:45:27+00:00

    hello everyone the feature is there click new email, options, click the three dots, then direct replies

    The new Outlook no longer has the three dots.

    For a new message ("popped out"), when clicking on Options, on the far right of the ribbon there is instead a "More options" icon. Clicking that "More options" icon triggers a 'Message options' pop up window which offers three adjustments:

    1. A "Sensitivity" choice -- the possibilities are Normal, Personal, Private, or Confidential. The subsequent options are not dependent on this choice and do not change.
    2. Below Sensitivity are two possible checkboxes:

    (i) "Request a read receipt" or

    (ii) "Request a delivery receipt."

    There are no other options. In short, there is no option to direct replies.

    I work in a university and my team uses the direct reply function all the time to keep everyone in the loop. We will stop using Outlook without this feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T19:01:00+00:00

    tldr: YES, this is missing from New Outlook.

    --> If you need the "Direct Replies to" setting, go back to Classic Outlook. You'll find "Revert to Classic Outlook" in the Help ribbon.

    --> NO, there is no indication that this will be changed despite the outcry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments