New Outlook "Direct Replies to" missing?

Anonymous
2023-10-31T14:14:52+00:00

In the new Outlook, I can't find the "direct replies to" field. Since I send emails from various accounts, I use this feature frequently. Am I missing it or was it removed?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T19:01:00+00:00

    tldr: YES, this is missing from New Outlook.

    --> If you need the "Direct Replies to" setting, go back to Classic Outlook. You'll find "Revert to Classic Outlook" in the Help ribbon.

    --> NO, there is no indication that this will be changed despite the outcry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T03:29:52+00:00

    No, you're looking at classic Outlook 365, where it is exactly as you say. In New Outlook (what the Microsoft Store calls Outlook For Windows), there is no such option.

    I wish Microsoft wouldn't name their products so confusingly. You would have thought they would have learned from all the confusion around Outlook/Outlook Express all those years ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T21:35:03+00:00

    I recommend everyone revert to Classic and not utilize the new outlook. They are not adding this feature and it doesn't appear on any roadmap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T15:06:04+00:00

    Dear Elizabeth W12

    Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

    Based on your description, I understand that you are having trouble finding the "direct replies to" field in the new Outlook. I'll be happy to help you with that.

    In the new Outlook, the "direct replies to" field has been replaced with the "Have replies sent to" field. To access this field, please follow these steps:

    1. Compose a new email.
    2. Click on the "Options" tab in the ribbon.
    3. Click on "Direct Replies To" in the "More Options" section.
    4. In the "Have replies sent to" field, enter the email address where you want replies to be sent.

    Hope this can help. If there is any update, please feel free to let me know.

    Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

    Sincerely,

    Katherine

    @Katherine Yu MSFT

    Can you post a screenshot or a gif that shows how to access that feature please. that would be greatly appreciated. I do not see that feature

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T16:48:36+00:00

    No, it has not yet been added, and I don't see that it is in the queue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments