Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Thanks for the reply. I think it has been a bad move to change this function as it was very useful the way it was before. I use the track pad taping instead of the mouse and I have not been able to find a way to use taps to do left click. I am sure I will eventually get used to this new feature but I think the new formatting options provided by the right click were already available easily using other key shortcuts and menu options. Correcting spelling is a very commonly used feature and in my case the change has not been useful.
I also think that some clear pre-notification of this change from Microsoft would have been useful to avoid the confusion. There is probably some document somewhere that tells us this was changed but it is not easily apparent.
I think Microsoft is forgetting that to make an application useful it needs to be simple to use.