No spelling suggestions in the right-click menu (New Outlook for Windows)

Anonymous
2024-01-18T13:58:51+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.

It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.

It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.

I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T23:12:09+00:00

    That was a BRILLIANT answer - thank you very much. I had changed back to old outlook as the missing spelling suggestions were SO annoying. I would never in a million years have found that setting without your instructions and would never have thought i needed to turn it on if I had found it. YOU ARE A STAR!! THANK YOU!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T18:47:17+00:00

    That does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-16T18:59:54+00:00

    That does not work.

    If you open the e-mail you are composing in a separate window, spellcheck suggestions will work (see previous replies in this thread).

    See also Carlos986's suggestion to enable connected experiences. It is a very useful workaround.

    I recommend that you report the bug to Microsoft using Help > Feedback in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T19:31:59+00:00

    After I opened an email in a separate window it worked and now it works all of the time.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-16T19:42:07+00:00

    I'm glad you are seeing progress.

    I want to emphasize that I can't take credit for the connected experiences solution/workaround, though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments