No spelling suggestions in the right-click menu (New Outlook for Windows)

Anonymous
2024-01-18T13:58:51+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.

It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.

It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.

I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-08T17:42:11+00:00

    I don't have these options, "Connected Experiences nor Turn on experiences that analyze your content," after View > View Settings > General > Privacy & Data

    Under Privacy and Data there is only Search History and Microsoft's notice.

    Is there any other way to get the right-click spelling suggestions back?

    In the new Outlook, open Settings and click General > Privacy and data > Privacy settings where you will find a couple of options for connected experiences.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T18:36:48+00:00

    As I explained, I don't have those options. I was wondering if there was another way to do it.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-08T18:59:38+00:00

    Thanks for the clarification. I don't know why you are not seeing those options. Sorry.

    Be sure to send feedback on the (lack of) functionality in the new Outlook. Microsoft developers won't read this forum, but they do read the feedback at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/89a8afa3-2e1c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T14:31:50+00:00

    I was only able to get as far as Privacy and Data. There isn't an option for Privacy Settings. Privacy and Data shows Suggested people and Search History options. Tried searching Privacy Settings from the setting screen and the drop down only shows Pop-out settings and Group settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments