Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Carlos986 - you are a freaking genius! Thank you so much for this.
It has been driving me nuts! I am a very bad typist and rely on that feature.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Split from this thread.
I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.
It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.
It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.
I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.
Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Carlos986 - you are a freaking genius! Thank you so much for this.
It has been driving me nuts! I am a very bad typist and rely on that feature.
I seem to have regained at least left-click spell check in-line by changing a couple of buried settings.
In the menu: View > View Settings > General > Privacy & Data > Privacy Settings
And then under "Connected Experiences" turn on "Turn on experiences that analyze your content".
If you also turn on "Turn on experiences that download online content" you also getting typing suggestions.
These settings are buried way deep and not where you would usually look to turn on a spellchecker.
Thanks for the update. I see the same. If new messages or replies are inline, no spelling suggestions are given. This appears to be a bug, and you should report it to Microsoft via Help > Feedback.
Not for me. Left-click does nothing and right-click only gives a COPY option or a text-editing ribbon...but, no word suggestions.
BUT, If I open the draft in a new window, then it works normally. The New Outlook view just doesn't allow me to see it on the preview/edit side.
On pop-out window, though:
Goign back to old Outlook also fixes this (but, all edits/drafts open in a new window anyway, there).
I'd like to stick with the new Outlook, but I can't get around missing the easy/quick editing feature without having to go the extra step of opening my draft in a new window. I'd rather that it worked like the web version...all in one window.
Rob
Right-clicking works here in the New Outlook for Windows. Left-clicking does not seem to work at the moment.
I don't remember which version I used in July 2023.
I am currently (April 7, 2024) on version 1.2024.327.300 (Production). See the screen shot below.
I recommend that you send feedback to Microsoft through Help > Feedback.