Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
After I opened an email in a separate window it worked and now it works all of the time.
Thanks.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Split from this thread.
I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.
It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.
It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.
I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.
Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
After I opened an email in a separate window it worked and now it works all of the time.
Thanks.
That does not work.
If you open the e-mail you are composing in a separate window, spellcheck suggestions will work (see previous replies in this thread).
See also Carlos986's suggestion to enable connected experiences. It is a very useful workaround.
I recommend that you report the bug to Microsoft using Help > Feedback in the new Outlook.
That does not work.
That was a BRILLIANT answer - thank you very much. I had changed back to old outlook as the missing spelling suggestions were SO annoying. I would never in a million years have found that setting without your instructions and would never have thought i needed to turn it on if I had found it. YOU ARE A STAR!! THANK YOU!!!
Glad it helped, Jeffrey. I can't take full credit, though. I found that solution somewhere on the web, and thought I should repost it here.