No spelling suggestions in the right-click menu (New Outlook for Windows)

Anonymous
2024-01-18T13:58:51+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.

It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.

It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.

I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T13:37:51+00:00

    I opened it within a new window, and it works - it still will not work if it is not in a new window!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T13:34:38+00:00

    I have the exact same issue - I have been trying to find a solution for weeks - it is driving me to distraction and is seriously impacting on my work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-17T08:22:25+00:00

    Guys, I am not sure if I am following. The spelling check does not exist in the context menu (so-called right click menu). The reason for this thread is b/c for any spelling check you need to stop typing, move your pointer over to the misspelled word, do a left click and then click on the correct spelling. This is a significant pitfall which, personally, reduces my typing and spell checking by quite a large magnitude. Not convenient at all.

    In the previous version, the spelling check did exist in the context menu, and there is a context menu key in every keyboard which helps with doing the spell check without interrupting your typing significantly. basically all done by keyboard only (arrow keys to the mis-spelled word + context menu key and typically the first suggestion is already the right wording to pick).

    Anyhow, not within my patience span. So, thank you for the update but no I prefer the older version.

    Any modification that requires using the mouse instead of the keyboard is a step backward, in my opinion. The classic version of Outlook will remain the better choice for me as well, in a foreseeable future.

    You should post feedback using Help > Feedback in the new Outlook, before you uninstall it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T20:07:10+00:00

    Guys, I am not sure if I am following. The spelling check does not exist in the context menu (so-called right click menu). The reason for this thread is b/c for any spelling check you need to stop typing, move your pointer over to the misspelled word, do a left click and then click on the correct spelling. This is a significant pitfall which, personally, reduces my typing and spell checking by quite a large magnitude. Not convenient at all.

    In the previous version, the spelling check did exist in the context menu, and there is a context menu key in every keyboard which helps with doing the spell check without interrupting your typing significantly. basically all done by keyboard only (arrow keys to the mis-spelled word + context menu key and typically the first suggestion is already the right wording to pick).

    Anyhow, not within my patience span. So, thank you for the update but no I prefer the older version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-16T19:42:07+00:00

    I'm glad you are seeing progress.

    I want to emphasize that I can't take credit for the connected experiences solution/workaround, though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments