No spelling suggestions in the right-click menu (New Outlook for Windows)

Anonymous
2024-01-18T13:58:51+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.

It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.

It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.

I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T16:23:55+00:00

    Spell check is accessed by left click not right click.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T16:09:11+00:00

    Same issues for me with no spelling correction. however open you new message in a new window and it works fine. Right click on the highlighted text and its shows options to slect.

    Still a major fault with the softwre

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-25T12:50:02+00:00

    Good try but i have those setting turned on and the spelling suggestions still don't work. This is a big nuisance.

    Another workaround is to open the e-mail you are composing in a separate window. Use the pop-out icon in the upper right corner of the e-mail message.

    Image

    When displayed in a separate window, you should see the spelling suggestions when you right-click an incorrectly spelled word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T12:00:51+00:00

    Good try but i have those setting turned on and the spelling suggestions still don't work. This is a big nuisance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T15:50:09+00:00

    Thanks! H

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments